Environmentally friendly and sustainable production is high on our agenda. We endeavour to continue our environmentally responsible ethos in our business. This is shown in a numbers of ways from the initial design of the nursery which had water reclamation in mind, to our environmental policies and the awards we have won in this area. We strive to reduce the impact our business has on the environment and be a more sustainable business in every way.
Mansfield’s Propagation Nursery Environmental Policy
Mansfield’s Propagation Nursery supplies the nursery and landscape industry nationwide with high quality tube stock. The company is responsible for annually growing millions of plants
Mansfield’s Nursery seeks to enhance business performance as well as sustainability, by recognising and valuing the interdependence of social, economic and environmental considerations in its decision making which are balanced with the needs of its stakeholders.
Mansfields is committed to setting a high standard of environmental awareness, through compliance with current legislation and continual improvement in its performance. It also recognises community expectations and evolving scientific knowledge.
Mansfield’s Nursery is committed to:
- Complying with current federal and state government environmental laws, requirements and legislation.
- Striving for continual improvement in environmental protection.
- Minimising actions which have damaging environmental effects.
- Ensuring that employees and contractors are aware of Mansfield’s Environmental Policy and their individual responsibilities.
- Seeking to always reduce environmental impacts, where economically viable, as well as promoting and improving the environmental credentials of Mansfield’s products.
- Documenting environmental objectives and targets to facilitate continual improvement.